25th USTETIKA Annual Student Awards for Literature
1. Only college (post and undergraduate) students of the University of Santo Tomas who have enrolled for school year 2009-2010 may participate.
2. Winners of national and/or international literary competitions may no longer participate in the contest.
3. The competition has two (2) divisions: English and Filipino; with the following categories: Poetry/Tula, Fiction/Katha, Essay/Sanaysay, and One-Act Play/Dulang May Isang Yugto.
4. No definite length is required. However, a poetry entry must be composed of no less than five (5) poems. A collective title for the poems is optional.
5. Participants should use pen names in their manuscripts. The real name of the writer or any identifying marks should not be found anywhere except in the accompanying entry forms.
6. Previously published entries inside and outside the University will not be accepted.
7. Only one (1) entry per category is allowed. However, the writer may join in as many categories as he or she wishes provided that the entries are placed in separate envelopes.
8. Entries must be submitted in five (5) hard copies, including the original. They must be computerized (MS Word file; font: Arial; font-size: 12; double-spaced), printed on short bond paper, and placed inside a short brown envelope. A clean CD where the manuscripts have been encoded, a well-accomplished entry form, and a certification of originality signed by two (2) English and/or Filipino instructors, and a photocopy of the writer’s registration form must accompany the entries (a certification clause is provided at the lower part of the entry form).
9. Entries must be submitted to the Varsitarian office, Rm. 105, UST Tan Yan Kee Student Center, on or before November 7, 2009, Saturday.
10. The winners will receive medals, plaques, certificates, and/or cash prizes.
11. All decisions reached by the judges are final. The judges reserve the right not to declare winners should the entries not measure up to their standards.
12. Manuscripts remain the property of the writers but the Varsitarian has the right to publish winning entries without seeking the consent of the writers.
For more information,visit the Varsitarian office or call us at 4061611 local 8235, look for Mark Francisco (09052434808) or Aya Dela Cruz (09166991299).