THE UNIVERSITY ranked fourth among 271 Philippine universities in the July 2016 listing of Spain’s Webometrics Ranking of World Universities based on Internet presence.
Overall, UST ranked 2,732nd place out of 11,996 universities worldwide, up 648 spots from last year’s 3,380th place.
The University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman is still the top university in the country, ranking 1,268th globally – an improvement from last year’s 1,411th place.
De La Salle University trailed UP, clinching the 1,842nd spot worldwide and improving by 349 spots from last year’s 2,191st place.
UP Los Baños and UP Manila ranked third and fifth, respectively, among local universities. UP Los Baños climbed 842 places to 1,888th worldwide from 2,730th last year. UP Manila ranked 2,952nd, 336 places down from last year’s 2,616th.
The top 20 Philippine universities and their respective Webometrics rankings are as follows:
- University of the Philippines Diliman (World rank: 1,268)
- De La Salle University Manila (World rank: 1,842)
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (World rank: 1,888)
- University of Santo Tomas (World rank: 2,732)
- University of the Philippines Manila (World rank: 2,952)
- University of San Carlos (World rank: 3,020)
- University of the Philippines (UP System) (World rank: 3,186)
- Ateneo de Manila University (World rank: 3,265)
- Jose Rizal University (World rank: 4,610)
- Universidad de Zamboanga (World rank: 4,727)
- University of Southeastern Philippines (World rank: 4,753)
- University of the Philippines Mindanao (World rank: 5,396)
- Siliman University (World rank: 5,582)
- Mindanao State University Iligan Institute of Technology (World rank: 5,985)
- Western Mindanao State University (World rank: 6,004)
- Chiang Kai Shek College (World rank: 6,084)
- Bulacan Agricultural State College (World rank: 7,112)
- John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (World rank: 7,359)
- University of the Philippines Open University (World rank: 7,383)
- Lyceum of the Philippines University (World rank: 8,056)
The Webometrics ranking was initiated by the Cybermetrics Lab, a research group under the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, the largest public research body in Spain.
The rankings are based on a university’s web presence, impact, openness, and excellence.
Only UP makes it to Times Higher Education university ranking